by: Paul Gay
The Pastor and the Council wishes to thank everyone for your continued support both spiritually and financially to the church during this COVID-19 pandemic. Everyone has been very supportive of the decisions we have been ask to make, and the church is alive and well at CECC because of your faithfulness in prayers, support, and you’r giving.
The CECC Pastor’s Council has decided to begin the process of returning to church to normal operations in a phased approach.
Starting May 17, 2020 CECC will be open for our 11:00 Worship service only with seating restrictions. And Wednesday PM service, with seating restrictions on May 20, 2020. Please see our church website for more details and the chart on the different phases.
Please read and pay close attention to information about which services/functions will resume and when. Many of the services/functions will have restrictions place on them, which we humbly ask everyone to respect and comply with.
Georgia Governor Brian Kemp extended the Georgia State of Emergency order to continue through June 12, 2020. This extensions included many restrictions on large gatherings due to the COVID-19 virus. The Pastor’s Council decided in March to comply with our Governor’s recommendations and restrictions. The phased plan we are implementing comply’s with those recommendations. All CECC activity dates will be decided on an ongoing basis as more information becomes available, thus this plan will be updated accordingly.
In accordance with the Governor’s and CDC guidelines, we are recommending that the medically fragile and elderly members continue to shelter in place. Also, if you or anyone in your immediate family is ill, coughing, has bouts of sneezing, running a fever please DO NOT come to church and risk spreading any sickness or virus. For those in these groups, please continue to watch our online services on our FaceBook page.
While you are attending church during our Phase 1 restricted phase, please continue to observe the following common-sense protocols:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Do not reuse tissue after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched.
Additionally, we are asking you to comply with the following recommendations during our restricted operations:
- Restrain from shaking hands, hugging, kissing while on the campus of CECC.
- Offering plates will be placed in the lobby for your contributions as you leave the service.
- We will have restricted seating, with various numbers of seating groups for individuals, couples, and families. The ushers will be assigning seating as you enter the sanctuary. While you may not be allowed to sit in your normal areas, please comply with our request as we attempt to maximize our seating space while adhering to the social distancing rule of 6 feet of separation between individuals and family groups.
- There is no requirement for wearing a face mask (like a N95) but if you have one and feel more comfortable wearing it that is permitted. We do recommend (along with the CDC) that you obtain and wear a face covering of some type (bandannas, etc).
- Only use the church restroom facilities for emergencies.
- No nursery will be available during the Phase 1 or 2. Infants/children will be required to sit with parents/family.
- Dismissal will be announced at the end of the service by sections/families in order to limit possible contact while exiting through the smaller lobby area.
- Front doors and Sanctuary doors will remain open during the service to reduce individual contact in opening them.
- No Guest services coffee/snacks will be in foyer during Phase 1 or 2.